Turkish kebab is my family’s favourite.These kebabs are a simpler version of the kebabs you can get in the restaurant but tastes very much like them. So, here you go with a very easy recipe to make these kebabs.
- Cuisine: Turkish
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Lamb mince- 400 grams
- Onion, grated- 1 small
- Garlic paste- 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste- 1 tablespoon
- Parsley, chopped- 1/4 cup
- Red chilli paste- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder- 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Paprika- 1 teaspoon
- Sumac- 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
1. Wash and knead the lamb mince well.
2. Add the grated onion, garlic and ginger paste, chopped parsley and red chilli paste and mix it well.
3. Add the cumin powder, black pepper, paprika, sumac and salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients.
4. Make equal sized balls and store it in the fridge overnight in a closed box.
5. Remove it a couple of hours prior to putting it in the oven.
6. Place it in the skewers and flatten them.
7. Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree centigrade.
8. Put the skewers in the oven for 7 minutes.Turn it over after this and cook for 8 minutes.
9. The lamb kebabs should look slightly brown but not very dry.
10. Kebabs can be served with salad, hummus, pitta bread or rice.