This is a very simple recipe of Roast Poussin (baby chicken) and does not need a lot of preparation. It is indeed a quick dish as you don’t have to make a separate gravy for the roast. It is super tasty and can be accompanied with roast potatoes, runner beans and a piece of warm bread or your own choice of boiled or roast vegetables.
- Cuisine: Amrita’s recipe
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Baby chicken, deskinned- 1
- Onion, chopped- 1 large
- Carrot, peeled and chopped- 1 large
- Bay leaves- 2-3
- Oregano- 1/2 tablespoon
- Chicken stock cubes- 2 cubes in 350 ml of hot water
- Salted butter (melted)- 3 tablespoons
- Olive oil- 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice- 1/2 tablespoon
- Garlic powder- 1 tablespoon
- Paprika- 1 teaspoon
- Ground Black pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
1. Pierce the chicken with fork all over.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade, pour it over the chicken and rub it well. Leave it aside for 30 mins.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 degree centigrade.
4. Spread the chopped onion and carrots on an oven tray.
5. Place the chicken on it and add oregano and bay leaves.
6. Add the chicken stock and melted butter to the tray.
7. Place the tray in the middle shelf of the oven. After 30 minutes, turn the chicken on the tray and place it in the oven for another 30 minutes.
8. Finally, turn the chicken again and put in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degree centigrade.
The chicken id ready to be served! I made some air fried potatoes to go with it- definitely a great combination!!