This is a really tasty recipe if you enjoy pork! It is very tasty and can be served as a main course with hot steamed rice or chapati (Indian flat bread).
- Cuisine: Amrita special
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Pork- diced or stir fry strips- 500 grams
- Red onion, sliced- 1 large
- Tomato puree- 2 cups
- Garlic paste- 1/2 tablespoon
- Ginger paste- 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tablespoon
- Garam masala 1/2 tablespoon
- Garam masala- 1/2 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil- half cup
- Water 1 cup
1. Heat oil in a deep seated non-stick pan and saute the onion until golden brown.
2. Add the garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomato puree and ginger paste and cook until the oil starts to separate.
4. Add turmeric, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and the pork.
5. Fry the pork with the onion and tomato paste for 10 minutes on a medium flame.
6. Add water and salt to taste. Cover it with a lid and cook on low flame for 1 hour, stirring from time to time.
7. Fry the pork on high flame for 5 minutes.
8. The pork masala is ready to be served with steamed rice.
If you like this recipe, please share and leave a comment on my blog.