This is a very quick lunch, snack or finger food recipe. It is very easy to make and is ready in no time! Also, you would not need a lot of ingredients for this.
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 12 baskets
- Tortilla baskets- can buy it from any supermarket
- Bell peppers- green, yellow and red (chopped)
- Tomato, chopped- 1 cup
- Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Paprika- 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cheddar cheese, grated- 2 cups
- Olives for garnishing (if you like)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add the chopped bell peppers.
3. Saute the peppers for 5 minutes and add the chopped tomatoes to it.
4. Add black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and salt to taste.
5. Cook for 5 minutes or until it is dry. In the meantime, put the tortillas in the oven for 5 minutes.
6. Switch off the gas.
7. Remove the tortillas from the oven and pour the pepper and tomato mixture into the tortillas.
8. Add the grated cheese and put it back in the oven for 6-8 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt.
9.Remove it from the oven and add olives to garnish the baskets.
10. Serve it hot as a snack or finger food or with salad for lunch.