This is a super-delicious recipe! Tried something new and it worked very well, hence sharing the recipe with all of you!! You can also use the same recipe for lamb or chicken.
- Cuisine: Amrita’s recipe
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 4 hours 30 mins
- Serves: 6
- Pork shoulder
- Sunflower oil- 4 tablespoons
- Onion- 2 medium onions (sliced)
- Tomatoes, chopped -1 can (400 grams)
- Garlic paste- ½ tablespoon
- Ginger paste- ½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder- ½ tablespoon
- Cumin powder- ½ tablespoon
- Coriander powder- ½ tablespoon
- Fennel powder- ½ tablespoon
- Cayenne pepper- ½ teaspoon
- Paprika- ½ teaspoon
1. Remove the fat from the pork shoulder and wash it well.
2. Rub it with salt and black pepper.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry the pork shoulder until slightly brown.
4. Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the onions.
5. Saute the onions until golden brown and add garlic and ginger paste to it.
6. Saute for 1-2 minutes and add the chopped tomatoes to it.
7. Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, fennel powder, cayenne pepper and paprika.
8. Cook until the oil starts to separate from the tomato paste.
9. Add 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
10. Add the pork shoulder to the slow cooker.
11. Add the sauce over the pork shoulder.
12. Cook in the slow cooker for 4 hours on high setting.
The pork is soft and juicy and tastes great with a bowl of rice. You can also serve it with roast potatoes or some boiled vegetables!