Christmas dinner is always very special and I love to cook a big dinner every year with the entire family coming to ours! This year, it was very different as it was only the three if us! It was still very enjoyable under the weird circumstances and we tried to make it fun in every possible way! I did not bother cooking a Turkey this year, after the plans changed suddenly. I cooked a whole chicken and of course the vegetables and all the accompaniments to go with the big feast!
On boxing day, people experiment with different kinds of dishes. Some make turkey curry, people definitely make turkey sandwiches/toasties, some just have the Christmas dinner again with the left overs.
I decided to try something different as it is very cold outside and soup is my family’s favourite! We had it with some roast potatoes left over from the Christmas dinner! It was indeed a delicious meal. I think I will do it every year from now and hence wanted to share this with all of you!!!
- Cuisine- Amrita’s special
- Serves- 8
- Preparation time- 10 minutes
- Cooking time- 20 mins
- Chopped tomatoes- 2 cans (400 grams each)
- Onion, sliced- 1 large
- Garlic, chopped- 4 cloves
- Boiled potato- 1 large
- Carrots- 1 cup (or left over after Christmas dinner)
- Parsnips- 1 cup (or left over form Christmas dinner)
- Single cream- 1/4 cup
- Pepper- 1/2 tablespoon
- Paprika- 1 teaspoon
- Oregano- 1/2 tablespoon
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Water- 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Shredded Chicken or Turkey
- Spanish Chorizo, diced into small cubes
1. Heat oil in a deep seated pan and onion and garlic.
2. Saute it for a couple of minutes until soft.
3. Add the carrots, parsnips, tomatoes and potato to the pan.
4. Add 1 cup of water, oregano and paprika and cover it with a lid.
5. Cook on medium flame for 10 minutes.
6. Let it cool down.
7. Transfer it to a grinder and blend it until smooth.
8. Pour it back in the pan, add 1 cup of water, pepper and salt and bring it to a boil.
9.In the meantime, saute the shredded chicken or turkey with the chorizo in a small pan.
9. Switch off the gas, add the cream to the soup and stir it well.
10. Serve the hot soup in a bowl and garnish it with the chicken or turkey and chorizo (if you like it).