Today’s recipe is Paprika fried chicken, inspired by the Southern fried chicken which is more commonly known as KFC (Kentucky fried chicken). It is a favourite amongst all age groups. Easy to make; great to taste; hard to share.
- Cuisine: Southern US
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Chicken 1 Kg (thighs with or without bone)- you can also make it with chicken legs
- Garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon (1 tablespoon if you would like it to be spicy)
- Paprika 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Egg 1 large
- Milk 2 tablespoons
- Plain flour 2 cups
- Cornflour 1/2 cup
- Breadcrumbs (golden)- you can buy it in the supermarket 1/2 cup
- Paprika 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
1. Marinate the chicken pieces (boneless or with bone) with garlic paste, ginger paste, lemon juice, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and salt to taste. Cover it with a cling film and leave it aside for a few hours.
2. To prepare the coating:
- Beat the egg in a large bowl, add milk and mix it well.
- In a separate bowl, add plain flour, cornflour, breadcrumbs, paprika and salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients well.
1. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg and milk batter and coat it in the flour mixture.
2. After coating it, leave it on a plate for 20 minutes.
3. Heat sufficient oil in a deep non-stick pan, so that the chicken pieces completely immerse in the oil.
4. Drop the chicken pieces one by one, when the oil is hot. You can cook 4-5 pieces at a time, depending upon the size of the pieces.
5. Fry till it becomes golden brown on each side (this would take 1-2 minutes). Reduce the flame and leave the pieces in the oil for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the chicken pieces from the oil and drain it on a kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
7. Serve hot with a bowl of fries, salad and a dip of your choice. Please try this recipe and enjoy crispy and tasty fried chicken. Let me know if you liked it!